It seems to be very difficult to find the switch board in the dark but this project is really helpful to solve this problem. Follow the steps below to know the solution of this.....
Step 1: Things You Need.
In this project you will need :
1. NodeMCU (esp8266)
3. IR sensor
5. Few jumper wires (connectors)
Step 2: Circuit Diagram and Connections.
Step 3: Code for NodeMCU
Just copy and paste the code in your arduino ide and replace the device id with your device id and upload the code. (See video for help)
Step 4: Connecting to Thingsio.ai
Go to the following link https://thingsio.ai/ and create a new account.
1. Then click on new project
2. Enter project name and click on create.
3. Enter device name. ( for example DOOR ).
4. Click on add new property.
5. In property name you have to write VALUE and in property type select BOOLEAN.
6. Then select energy parameter and in transformation select none.
7. Finally click on update device.
8. A new window will open here on top left corner you will find device id.
See Video for full Explanation.