This is a delicious meal that serves 2 to 3 people and takes about 40 minutes to make.
Watch your fingers while cutting vegetables.
Do not touch stove or pan while hot. Use the handle and a spoon to stir.
Make sure chicken is thoroughly cooked. Check center for absence of pink.
Wash surfaces that the raw chicken touches.
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Serrano Pepper
1-1/2 lb Chicken
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Bag of Chips
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare Onions
1. Wash your hands!
2. Peel off the onion's outer layer.
3. Cut off each end of the onion.
4. Cut the onion into quarters. You will probably only need a half.
5. Separate quarters into layers.
6. Tear each piece into thirds with your fingers.
Step 2: Prepare Pan
1. Pour a tablespoon of oil into a pan.
2. Set to high temperature. (7-8)
3. Wait for oil to heat up. It should take about 2 minutes.
4. Set to medium temperature. (5-6)
5. Throw in the onions.
Step 3: Prepare Chicken
1. Wash cutting board to avoid cross contamination.
2. Cut chicken into chunks. Throw away fat.
3. Put chicken into the pan.
4. Wash your hands and the cutting board.
Step 4: Seasoning
1. Cover in chili powder.
2. Add a pinch of salt, cilantro, garlic powder, and cumin.
3. Lightly cover in black powder.
Step 5: Prepare Yellow Pepper
1. Cut out center of the yellow pepper with a knife. Be careful.
2. Tear the pepper into halves.
3. Wash the halves making sure all seeds are removed.
4. Cut into strips with a knife.
5. Cut into squares.
6. Put it them into the pan. Remember to occasionally stir.
Step 6: Prepare Squash
1. Wash the squash.
2. Cut off the ends of the squash with a knife.
3. Cut the squash into fourths.
4. Cut into smaller pieces.
5. Put them into the pan.
Step 7: Prepare Avocados
1. Cut the avocado in half to the pit. Cut around the pit.
2. Separate the halves and remove the pit.
3. Scoop out the avocado from its skin with a spoon.
4. Stir into the pan. It should get gooey.
5. Repeat for the second avocado.
Step 8: Prepare Serrano Pepper
1. Cut off the serrano pepper's stem with a knife.
2. Cut it in half.
3. Put the halves into the pan.
4. Let it cook for 5 to 10 more minutes. Make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
5. Remove the serrano peppers. They provide flavor, but are not apart of the final dish.
Step 9: Serve!
1. Serve on top of chips.