I will show you how to make gradients like the ones on my forums. I also got permission from DRADIS for extending his Instructable so please do thank him too.
P.S. Please rate and vote for the book contest. Thanks a million!
Step 1: Size
Make the size 100 (Width) by 500 (Height) Pixels.
Step 2: Colors!!!! W00t W00t
1. Fill it up with the color of your choice. Right click on a second color
2. Use the free-form select tool to scribble all over.
3. Right click and hit cut. This background will be different then the picture you will soon see because I accidently saved the wrong picture so I had to redo it.
4. Select the polygon tool and make sure the plain color box is highlighted, make a bunch of lines and click on where you started.
Step 3: Alllmost Done!!!
1. Hit Ctrl + W. Make width 1.
2. Hit Ctrl + W. Make Width 500. Repeat 3 more times...
and the result??? Click the next step...
Step 4: Finished!!!
The result: Thanks for checking this out and C'ya later!!!