Intro: Awesome Lasagna Roll-Ups
If you like lasagna, you have to try these super easy lasagna roll-ups! These are so easy, insanely good, and will really impress your friends and family! For a full video tutorial of this recipe, be sure to watch the embedded video above.
If, for whatever reason, the embedded video does not work for you, you can watch it on YouTube by clicking here.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Lasagna Noodles
- Italian Sausage
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Ricotta Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Garlic
- Parsley or Basil
- Optional: Crushed Red Pepper
For our vegetarian friends, we suggest substituting the Sausage and Pepperoni with a nice roasted vegetable blend consisting of:
- Sweet red peppers
- Yellow Squash
- Olive Oil
Step 2: Preparation
- Begin by adding your noodles to a pot of boiling water. Cook a few extra because it never fails that a couple will break and tear while boiling, and you are going to want nice solid pieces for this recipe.
- Once the noodles are boiling, begin making the sauce.
- Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes to a sauce pan on med to low heat.
- Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic, and basil.
- Mix well, then cover and let simmer.
- Next you are going to want to cook the sausage down.
- As the sausage cooks, break it up with the spatula. You are going to want the meat to be pretty fine in order to roll it in the noodles.
- Optional: Add crushed red pepper to the sausage as it cooks if you like a little 'kick' on your dish.
- When the sausage is complete, mix it in a bowl with the ricotta cheese.
- Season the mix with a little oregano and basil.
- Mix well.
Step 3: Roll 'em Up
- Pour about half of the sauce into the bottom of your baking dish.
- Lay a lasagna noodle out flat on your counter or work area.
- Spread a thin layer of the sausage/cheese mix on the noodle. Be careful not to make it too thick otherwise when it is rolled it will all squeeze out the sides.
- Lay out four pepperoni on the noodle.
- Sprinkle a little mozzarella cheese on top of the pepperoni.
- Take the noodle at one end and gently roll it up. Do not roll them too tight or the stuffing will just squirt out of the sides.
- Gently place the roll into your baking dish and repeat the process until you have filled the baking dish.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce over the top of the rolls.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top of the sauce.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes. You are just looking to melt everything.
Step 4: Enjoy!
This delicious and easy dish will impress your family and friends, but it won't break the bank.
This dish only cost me $1.18 per serving!
- Lasagna................ $1.08
- Diced Tomatoes... $0.68
- Tomato Sauce...... $1.12
- Italian Sausage..... $2.50
- Pepperoni............. $2.49
- Mozzarella............ $1.97
- Ricotta.................. $1.98
- Total.................... $11.82
- Made 10 servings
Step 5: Subscribe!
If you enjoyed this recipe, feel free to check out some of our other great recipes. We add new video recipes weekly. Follow us on your favorite social media outlet and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel to make sure you don't miss any of them.
Cooking With Chrissy TV - YouTube Channel