Hi dear visitors of my page and viewers of my YouTube Channel!
Today, I have a very easy and healthy snack recipe to share with you!
I've come up with this idea just because I want to loose weight as fast as possible without hurting my body :)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS NEEDED
You may take the following ingredients to bake the boreks / puff pockets:
1. Puff Pastry Dough
2. 1 large or middle size beet
3. Nuts of your choice (I preferred pecans) - one handful: chopped or blended
4. About 5-10 leaves of dill (the herb that looks like a fur tree :)) It's great for fighting against the cholesterol :)
5. 150-200 grams of Mozzarella or any other but similar type of cheese (I chose the Georgian cheese, called Soolgoony)
Step 2: GRATE, SHRED, CHOP AND CUT THE INGREDIENTS
1st: Shred the cheese,
2nd: Grate the well-cooked beet
3rd: Chop the nuts into very small pieces (you may even blend them)
4th: Cut the herb (the dill leaves) into very small pieces
5th. Mix everything together
Step 3: PLACE THE MIXED FILLING ON TOP OF THE SQUARES
1. Start adding the mixed ingredients on top of the puff pastry squares. Try to use a small teaspoon, so the filling doesn't get out of a triangle-y frame ( watch the video to get the details).
2. Then start folding the squares in a way that they form a triangle and squeeze the ends with fingers to secure the pockets.
3. Then poke some holes on top of each triangle to let the moisture come out while baking in the oven. use
You may use a small fork to do the poking!
Step 4: ADD SOME EGG YOLK
Spread some beaten egg yolk with a silicone brush on top of each triangle (pocket) and place your boreks into the oven to bake on 185 F for about 25-30 minutes. you may check the color of the triangles after 20 minutes. If the egg yolk is already dark yellow to orangy color and the pockets are puffed up, your boreks are ready! Don't wait 25 minutes exactly to check your boreks as the gas stoves work differently and your oven may be different from mine :)
Step 5: ENJOY YOUR HEALTHY BOREKS !
Well, if you have got to the step five, it means: time to take out the boreks from the oven and let them cool down for about 25-30 minutes. Well, time to enjoy your healthy snack!
You may take the pockets with you and snack on them during your lunch time at work (they don't get bad for a long time (even if left outside for about 3-4 hours: just watch out for a very hot temperatures wherever you keep them).
This recipe is great for those who would love to lose weight and eat healthy!
BON APPETIT EVERYBODY!
pieterg made it!