Intro: BLANK START
PAINT YOUR BEDROOM WHITE A BASE COLOR TO WORK FROM YOU CAN VISIBLY SEE OTHER COLORS ON.
WHEN ADDING FURNITURE BACK INTO THE BEDROOM TRY AND PERSONALIZE IT. IN MY CASE I MADE MY OWN SCHOOL DESK... IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE HOW I MADE IT PLEASE ASK, IF I HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE ASKING I WILL DO SO (i am very proud of it as i etched into the stone so it looks like it is hovering off the ground)
MY COMPUTER SETUP IS IMPORTANT TO ME AND I USE IT ALLOT (again if you would like to see how i made my sound system from old speakers i would love to show... again though i dont have much time to show how i have done things but if you request it enough i shall do it :) )
ART HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY FAVORITE HOBBY, SEE IN THE PICTURE HOW I HAVE SET MY FABER CASTEL PENCILS OUT... ITS NOT THE BEST WAY OF PRESENTING PENCILS; BUT IT HAS ITS PROS AND CONS... ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE WE MOVE ON?
Step 1: STEP 1:- START SMALL
THE BEST THING I CAN SUGGEST IS WHEN YOU PAINT OR DRAW ON YOU WALLS IN LARGE SCALE, START SMALL;
HAVE A SKETCH BOOK FOR IDEAS, THIS ALWAYS HELPS FOR ANY PROJECT I WILL SUGGEST IT. HAVING A NOTE BOOK AND A SKETCH BOOK HELPS ME RECORD MY WORKINGS IT ALWAYS NICE TO GO BACK AND HAVE A LOOK AT OLD IDEAS YOU MAY HAVE FORGOT ABOUT.
I HAVE BEGUN DRAWING LOGO'S ON MY BEDROOM WALL THAT HAVE INFLUENCED MY LIFE AND CHILD HOOD. I HAD TO SCAVENGE THE INTERNET TO FIND MY OLD PRIMARY SCHOOL LOGO. I HAD BEGUN TO LOSE HOPE IN FINDING IT ONLINE AND BEGUN TO SKETCH WHAT I WOULD DO FOR THE SCHOOLS LOGO (i like mine better than the actual one)
FOLLOW THESE RULES AND YOU'LL NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED WITH A DRAWING ON YOUR BEDROOM WALL;
- sketch ideas, some you can live with :P
- make a template (or a print out)
- sketch it on your wall in a desired place, think about where it will be seen as soon as you enter the bedroom.
- use bedroom wall paint or permanent markers to go over the sketch
- don't do it on the cheap (don't ask professional help, have faith you can trace and copy! )
READY TO MOVE ON ?
Step 2: STEP 2:- GET BIGGER
I HAVE DONE SEVERAL OTHER LOGOS SINCE :SEE ABOVE: AS I WAS'NT CONFIDENT TO MOVE ONTO BIGGER THINGS.
BUT WHEN YOU DO IT FEELS GREAT, THE TEXT IN THE IMAGE ABOVE IS MY EXTENDED NICK NAME USUALLY I'M JUST REFERRED TO AS JOULES. IT MAY SEEM STRANGE AT FIRST TO YOU PERHAPS BUT I WOULD ONLY LET PEOPLE WHO KNOW ME WELL INTO MY BEDROOM ANYWAY.
I NOW HAVE ANIMALS AROUND THE TEXT WITH BLOODY MOUTH... YOU DO NAT SEE THIS AS YOU ENTER THE BEDROOM WHICH IS GOOD ! BUT IT IS THE FIRST THING I SEE WHEN I WAKE UP, which could be better but i like it :P
ANY QUESTIONS ?
READY TO MOVE ON?
Step 3: STEP 3:- MEDIA AND OTHER ARTISTS
I HAVE SPENT ALLOT OF MY WAKING HOURS DOING ART, AND LOOKING AT OTHERS PRODUCTIONS.
SOME TYPES OF MEDIA TO LOOK AT :
- Mono printing (in the above picture) ink, welding, wood and craft... these are just recent favorites, i could go on if you would like to know some other forms of media please ask i would love to share this knowledge if requested. but maybe in a different project :)
MODERN ARTISTS YOU WON'T HAVE HEARD OF maybe ;
- Edward Fairburn,(whos style art you see in the picture above, my drawing tho) - Joshua Suda, -Carne Griffiths, -JKB Fletcher, Torrent Theatre company, if you would like to know some more artists of certain media, i have sketchbooks overflowing with names on everything, please ask if your struggling finding names :)
ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE WE MOVE ON ?
Step 4: STEP 4:- ORGANIZED STRUCTURE
I HAVE A2 SHEETS DOTTED ROUND MY BEDROOM OF TICK LISTS, WORKOUT REGIMES, MORNING ROUTINES, HEALTH CHECKS YOU SHOULD DO EVERY MORNING:
if you have a visitor they find it much more interesting to pour through other peoples progress and sketch books rather than posters.
I HAVE PLANNED TO DO SO MUCH MORE TO MY BEDROOM THIS SUMMER AND IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT, KEEP ME POSTED!!! AND I WILL RETURN TO SHOW YOU MY PROGRESS !!!
SOMETHING EXITING TO LOOK OUT FOR IS HIDING PLACES IN THE EVES OF MY BEDROOM AND OTHER WEIRD AND WONDERFUL CREATIONS !