This dress is for a 2-year-old-girl but can be easily adapted for another size.
Your fabric should be about 20 cm larger than your baby's bust measurement.
Step 1: Materials
- Cotton ; 70 x 80 cm
- Lining ; 70 x 50 cm
- Elastic ; 2 x 50 cm
- Assorted thread
Step 2: Step 1 : Cutting
Cut two strips of 70 x 12 cm in the cotton for straps.
Step 3: Step 2 : Skirt
- Sew lining and cotton on the larger side, right side facing down.
- Sew up side seam, right side facing down.
- Hem the bottom edge. The lining first and then the cotton. Lining should be a little bit shorter than cotton
- Turn the skirt right side out.
- Seam at 2 cm from the top. Let a gap to pass the elastic.
- Thread elastic trough using a safety pin. Close the seam.
Step 4: Step 3 : Straps
- Fold the first strap in half length wise, right side facing down. Let one side open. Turn it right side out.
- Do the same for the second strap.
Step 5: Step 4 : Assembly
- Flip the end of each strap inside.
Identify the middle of the skirt.
- Superimpose straps forming a perpendicular angle and pin it on the skirt, it must match skirt's middle.
- Sew straps on the skirt.
- Sew straps on the back of the skirt at about 4 cm from the sides. Adjust straps according to the skirt's size.
If you liked this tutorial, please vote for me !
Participated in the
DIY Dress Contest