Adorably creepy slippers that will keep your toesies nice and warm.
To make these, you will need:
- 2 Dolls (of the Cabbage Patch variety)
- Flip Flops
- Hot Glue Gun
- Fabric (I used fleece)
- Sewing Machine (optional)
Step 1: Dismember
Take your cute little baby doll and separate the legs from the body. When cutting the legs away from the body, make sure to not to cut the stitching at the top of the legs. You want them to be closed off at the top, like little sausages, with no stuffing falling out.
Optional: Hem the bottom of the torso.
Step 2: Flip Flops
Take a pair of flip flops and remove the strap. Just cut the plastic with scissors and pull all of the pieces out. When you remove the strap, you will be left with three holes. Cut away the little round plugs that were used to secure the straps to the flip flops and glue them back into the holes.
Step 3: Measure
Measure the length of the of the baby's torso by inserting the flip flop into the cavity. Mark the line where the end of the torso meets the flip flop.
Step 4: Flip Flop Slippers
- Put your foot on top of the base of the flip flop.
- Drape a small piece of fabric (I used fleece) over your foot and align the edge of the fabric up with the the line you marked in the last step.
- Then, glue the fabric around the outer part of the flip flop so that it forms something that looks like the top of a shoe.
- Cut away the excess fabric and you should have a slipper.
Step 5: Head
- If you're using a Cabbage Patch Kid, there will be a hard plastic circle at the base of the head. Take that circular base and place it on top of the fleece part of the slipper.
- Then, move the circle as close as you can to the front edge of the slipper without going over.
- Apply glue to the plastic and secure it to the fleece.
Step 6: Legs
With glue, attach the legs along the top of the fleece. With each leg, start at the outermost part of the slipper and work your way in.
Step 7: Stuffing
- Pull the skin down and add the stuffing back into the baby (in the pocket between the fleece and the skin).
- To close the baby up, glue together the edge of the skin and the edge of the fleece.
Step 8: Glue
If you have an especially evil baby who tries to trip you with its chubby little arms and legs, take the appendages and glue them down. You can glue the hands and arms to the chest and the legs to the sides of the slippers.
Step 9: Wear Them!
If you walk too fast, their little baby heads will make contact with the floor. Not an issue for walking on carpet, but when walking on surfaces like hardwood or tile you can hear the sound of their little skulls bashing into the floor with every step you take. If you don't like the sound you can always behead them.
Runner Up in the