Intro: Bacon Pineapple Donuts
Not strictly Donuts, but who cares when there's this much flavour in them. This is a great little recipe that could be considered "food porn" but either way it's a fun, tasty thing to make that people will love at parties or BBQ's.
Video Recipe up next, with the full recipe text description to follow. Enjoy
Step 1: Video Recipe
Check out the full video recipe here or scroll through the other Steps to see how to make these beauties!
Step 2: Ingredients Required
Pack of Streaky bacon
Tin of Pineapple Rings
One large onion
Step 3: Methodology
- Peel your onion and cut info rings (approx, 1 inch thick)
- Select rings on the out layer that can fit a pineapple ring snuggly inside.
- Slip pineapple ring inside onion ring.
- Cut mozzarella balls in half and layer around pineapple ring, cut side down
- Slice a rasher in two and lift the pineapple ring onto the rasher so you can thread the bacon through the middle of the ring.
- Wrap the bacon around the ring as far as it will go, covering the mozzarella pineapple and onion. Repeat this until you have a completely bacon covered ring (that should resemble a donut!)
- Make as many Bacon Pineapple rings as you require, then set you oven to 320F (160C). Cook for 50mins or until the bacon is crispy
Step 4: Serving
Allow your donuts too cool slightly, but still warm so the mozzarella is soft and the bacon gets even crispier.
You can serve them as party canapes, have them with a main meal or cut them up for kids (in front of them) so they can enjoy the sweet pineapple, soft cheese and tasty bacon (and onion perchance).
I hope you enjoy this recipe, there's another chance after the jump to watch the full video recipe and subscribe to my YouTube channel if you wish. Thanks again!
Step 5: Video Recipe and Youtube Channel
Food-D YourTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqgczHKfzsZzyQP67EqFUGQ