Corn and bacon are a natural combination. The saltiness and crispiness of the bacon mixed with the sweetness of the corn. This is a simple, easy-to-cook risotto with the popular combination of bacon and corn topped with some green onions!
This delicious meal is very simple and easy to cook, that even non-cookers can easily make it without screwing up, and it can be made in less than 10 minutes.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Corn (frozen)
- Chicken Stock
- Green Onions
- Cutting board and Knife
- Large pan
Step 2: Making the Rissoto
- Cook the rice in the rice cooker but instead of water, use chicken broth, to make the risotto.
Step 3: Dice Garlic
- Slice the garlic to uniform cubes.
Step 4: Pan Fry Bacon
- Place three slices of bacon on a large pan.
- Pan fry it in medium heat.
Step 5: Slice Bacon
- Slice the bacon to smaller slices to make bacon bits
Step 6: Saute Garlic
- In a large pan, saute the diced garlic until lightly brown.
Step 7: Add Corn and Bacon
- Once the garlic is light brown in colour, add the corn and bacon to the pan to reheat it.
- Heat it for about 2-3 minutes.
Step 8: Add Rice
- Add the rice / risotto cooked earlier with the chicken broth.
- Mix it well with the bacon and corn
Step 9: Garnish
- Garnish it with green onions.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017