This is a wonderful inspiration for a nice, quick, and cost-efficient gift! Perfect for the holidays!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies.
- Wide mouth, pint sized mason jars
- Hot chocolate powder
- Baileys mini bottles - one for each jar you plan to make.
Step 2: Wash Your Mason Jars.
Make sure the jars are clean and free of debris. Dry thoroughly before moving on to the next step.
Step 3: Add Hot Cocoa Mix.
Pour the cocoa mix into the jar. I added 2 bags of powder so it can fill up to a little less than half of the jar.
Step 4: Add Some Mini-marshmallows.
I'm a bit marshmallow fanatic, so I'm friendly with the amount I add. Feel free to add more or less, depending on your preference. Then, close the jar.
Step 5: Wrap Twine Around the Lid.
- Cut a long piece of twine, (enough to wrap around the lid of the jar, and then some to wrap around the mini bottle of Baileys).
- Firmly wrap the twine several times around the lid, being careful not to let it slip down.
- Once you have it firmly wrapped around, tie a knot (I double knot, just to be sure the knot is as tight as possible)
- Leave remaining twine to attach mini bottle.
Step 6: Tie the Mini Baileys Bottle.
- With the remaining twine, tie a simple knot, (like tying your shoe laces) around the mini bottle of Baileys.
- I would double knot as well, around the mini bottle to be sure it is firm and tightly attached to the mason jar.
- Cut any excess twine.
Step 7: This Is What One Bottle Looks Like!
Only a few items needed, to make a fast, unique gift!
A person receiving this gift would only need to add hot water or milk (whatever they prefer for their hot cocoa) and pour in some yummy Baileys to their liking!
Step 8: Perfect for the Holidays!
This idea is a great gift for any occasion, but it's a great idea for the holidays coming up. You can even add a greeting card or any other embellishment you would like!