Intro: Baked Samosa
Samosa is originated in India. It is a fried or baked pastry with savory filling, such as potatoes, carrot, peas, sweet corn, lentils and also with minced meat items. It is a perfect tea time snack variety. Try it, you will like it.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp Ajwain seeds
1/4 tsp Baking powder
3 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
2 Medium size potato
1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
1/4 cup sweet corn
1 onion. finely chopped
1/2 tsp of chilli powder
1/2 tsp of cumin powder
1/2 tsp of coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp oil
chopped cilantroSalt to taste
Step 2: Dough Preparation
1. Take all the dry ingredients in bowl and whisk altogether.
2. Add the wet ingredients, mix and knead to obtain dough consistency.
3. Cling wrap the dough, until usage.
Step 3: Filling Preparation
1. Wash and cut the potatoes. boil it, and remove the skin.
2. Take boiled potatoes in medium bowl and smash it using fork.
3. Add chilli, cumin, coriander powder and salt. Mix until incorporated.
4. Add cilantro, mix and set aside.
5. Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds.
6. Add onion, carrot and corn. Saute until it turned to soft.
7. Add potato mixture and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes over medium flame.
8. Turn off the flame. Let it cool for sometime.
Step 4: Samosa Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 200 C.
2. Take the dough and divide it into 7 equal portions.
3. Dust the floor with some All Purpose flour. Take one portion and roll it into thin disc using rolling pin.
4. Fold the thin disc like cone shape and spoon some fillings in it. Seal the edges and set aside.
5. Repeat the same process for rest of the dough.
6. Arrange the samosas in the baking pan/ tray. Bake them for 30 to 40 minutes or until it turn to golden brown color.
7. Serve them with Mint chutney or Ketchup.