The other day one friend came home and she got me a packet of frozen McCain potato smiley and my daughter loved it. So, I thought of making it a little healthier by baking and using sweet potatoes. Believe me, its so easy to make and is a guilt free snack that we can munch on and ofcourse its so much cheaper when we make it. Please try it and hope you like it. Thank you.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients:
- Roasted and Mashed Sweet Potato (3 medium size)
- Red Chilly Powder- 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
- Chopped Cilantro - 2 tbsp
- Arrow Root Powder - 1 Cup
- Salt - to taste
Step 2: Preparation Steps:
- Add all the ingredients (roasted and mashed sweet potato, chilly powder, garlic powder, chopped cilantro and salt) and mix well.
- Add more arrow root powder if the dough is too sticky and mix.
- You could add corn starch as well.
- Arrow root powder is healthier for kids, hence I opt that.Wrap the dough well and leave it in the refrigerator for a minimum 1 hour.
- Make small balls/patties of the dough.
- For the smiley face eyes, use a straw or back of a clean paint brush and poke 2 holes in all the patties.
- For the smiley face lips, use a spoon and make the lip impression carefully.
- Place all the smiley faces on a greased oven safe bowl.
- Spray some oil on top and bake in a pre heat oven to 420 degree F for about 20 mins.
- I kept it on broil for about 3 mins later.
- Keep aside for atleast 10mins before serving.
- Enjoy with ketchup or mustard sauce.
Participated in the