This sweet and sour chicken dish always receives compliments whenever served and frankly it's better than any sweet and sour chicken I've had at restaurants. This dish can be served with white or fried rice! ENJOY!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup oil
- Chopped spring onion for garnish (optional)
Sweet & Sour Sauce Ingredients
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Step 2: Method
- Start by preheating oven to 325° degrees
- Rinse chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes
- Season to taste
- Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat
- dip into the beaten eggs
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and pan-fry chicken pieces until slightly browned, but not cooked through
- Place chicken in a 9×13-inch greased baking pan (non-stick works best in which case greasing pan is optional
Step 3: Method
- Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk
- Pour evenly over the chicken
- Bake chicken for 50-60 minutes, uncovered
- During the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes
- Serve immediately & Enjoy!
(tastes great with white or fried rice)
Participated in the