These pancakes are easy, quick (ready in under 10 minutes), and taste just like banana bread! I love that they are fluffy and taste like regular pancakes, even though they are gluten free. You could leave out the chocolate chips and make these plain (or substitute blueberries)....but I think dark chocolate makes everything taste better :)
2 ripe bananas, cut into chunks (use medium sized bananas, or you can use 1.5 giant bananas)
2/3 cup certified gluten free rolled oats
pinch of salt
bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your electric griddle to 350 degrees F.
2. In your food processor, put the bananas, eggs, oats and salt. Process on high speed until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and mix again until there are no lumps.
3. Pour your batter into a bowl. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto your griddle. This will make perfectly round 4-5 inch pancakes. Sprinkle the pancakes with chocolate chips (or blueberries....).
4. Cook until bubbles form on the surface and begin to pop. Flip over and cook for another 60-90 seconds.
5. Serve immediately (I serve these plain because the chocolate chips make them sweet enough). These also freeze well...defrost them in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave.
Makes 9 four inch pancakes.
Notes: My 3 year old has two opinions of food...its either delicious and he will eat it, or "NOT delicious" and he spits it out (charming, I know). These pancakes happily fall into the former category! He ate his entire breakfast and asked for seconds. They are so quick and easy....the perfect way to use up ripe bananas! Sometimes I also throw in a handful of chopped walnuts :)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Runner Up in the