Intro: Banana Cake With Nutella Ganache
Banana Cake with Nutella Ganache – light, moist banana cake drizzled with a creamy Nutella ganache, it’s the perfect dessert any time!
Find additional information at: http://www.forkinthekitchen.com/banana-cake-nutella-ganache/
Step 1: Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
3 medium well-ripe bananas
1 teaspoon lemon juice (approx. half lemon)
¾ cup butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup plain greek yogurt
¾ cup nutella
⅓ cup + 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
Pinch of sea salt
Optional: top with crushed pistachios
Step 2: Cake Directions
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Butter or grease a bundt pan.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Mash together ripe bananas and lemon juice. Set aside.
4. In an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Add yogurt. Stir in dry ingredients until combined. Stir in banana and lemon juice mixture.
5. Evenly spread in bundt pan. Bake for 65-70 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Immediately place in the freezer for 45 minutes. Remove pan from freezer; take cake out and place on a cooling rack (or desired place to drizzle ganache).
Step 3: Nutella Ganache Directions
In a small saucepan heat heavy cream to just before a simmer. You want the cream to be warm enough to melt the Nutella, but not curdle.
Place Nutella in a small bowl. Slowly pour heated cream into Nutella while whisking until combined; whisk in sea salt.
Drizzle over cake. Recommended: place cake on a cooling rack that's on top of parchment paper for easy clean up.