Easy banana cake. Really quick in a food processor and great for using up bananas nearly past their best.
Learned from my mum this is one of the first cakes I ever baked!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
For the Cake:
- 250g (8oz) cooking margarine or softened butter
- 350g (12oz) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 500g (8oz) Self-Raising flour
- 4 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 200g of Chocolate
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- Lemon Curd
(this makes 2 cakes)
Step 2: Cake
Pre Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius ( Gas mark 4)
1) Cream together the butter and the sugar in a large bowl
2) Beat in the eggs and then the mashed bananas
3) Sift the flour over the mixture and stir
Or in a food processor:
Add all the ingredients and mix for a few minutes. It's that simple!
Divide the mixture into two greased tins.
Bake until golden on the top and springy, about 45 minutes for deep tins or 25 minutes in shallow ones.
Step 3: Decorating
1) Cut the cake in half
2) Sandwich the two halves together with lemon curd
3) Melt the chocolate in a microwave for a minute then stir. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until smooth.
4) Spread the chocolate on top of the cake
5) Finish with strawberrys halves