2 3/4 cup flour 2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup chopped nuts ( can use walnuts or pecans)
1/4 tsp baking soda 1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt 2 tsp milk
1/2 cup shortening 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1) In small bowl - combine flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt .
2) In large bowl - beat shortening until creamy - add sugar gradually, beat until light and fluffy.
3) Add eggs 1 at a time to shortening mixture - beat until light and fluffy
4) Add nuts and beat well
5) In separate small bowl - combine vanilla, milk & mashed bananas
6) Add dry & liquid ingredients alternately - using spoon, stir after each addition until smooth.
7) Spread into greased sided cookie sheet of jelly roll pan ( at least 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 )
Bake at preheated 350 degree oven 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Top may be golden brown. Cool completely before frosting.
1/4 cup mashed ripe bananas - 4 tbs butter or oleo/margarine - 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Beat butter/oleo until creamy. Add powdered sugar and bananas alternately beating until light and fluffy.
( use more powdered sugar as needed so frosting is spreadable, not runny)
I let sit a little or put in refrigerator before cutting - makes it little easier to cut
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the