Introduction: Barley Salad With Chickpeas and Feta
With chickpeas, feta, and parsley, this barley salad is cool and refreshing for a light summer supper. As a vegetarian meal, it stands on its own. Those who want more substance can toss in shrimp or cubed chicken.
Barley Salad with Chickpeas and Feta
1 cup dry barley, boiled
15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
1/2 red onion, minced
3/4 cup feta
1/2 cup olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
1 bunch parsley, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Boil the barley for 20 minutes.
2. Drain the chickpeas and place in a large bowl. Mince the onion and add to the bowl with the feta, olive oil, and lemon juice.
3. Mince the parsley and add to the bowl with the salt and pepper.
4. Drain and run cold water over the barley.
5. Toss the barley in the large bowl with all the ingredients.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.