This is a simple, yet wonderfully delicious seafood recipe. It is a pan fried basa fish topped with tomato sauce and served with a side of beans. Basa fish is slightly sweet and mild in flavor with a very delicate texture.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Basa Fillet
- Beans in Tomato Sauce
Step 2: Mise En Place
- Slice the garlic to small diced cubes.
- Slice the green onions to thinly
Step 3: Defrost the Fish
- Defrost the fish by leaving it out at room temperature for about 10 minutes or if you're in a rush microwaving for 30 seconds to a minute.
Step 4: Fry the Fish
- Add a generous amount of oil in a large non stick pan.
- Place the fish and fry one side for about 5 minutes in medium heat or until it is slightly white and golden brown in colour
- Flip it to the other side and fry for another 5 minutes until it is white and slightly golden brown.
Step 5: Make the Sauce
- Saute the garlic in a large pan
- Heat the beans on the same pan, and add a quarter cup of water.
- Reduce it for about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle it over the Base Fish Fillet
Step 6: Garnish and Plate
- Garnish with some green onions to top off the fish fillet
- Plate a scoop of beans on the side.
Serve and Enjoy!
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017