My little baymax is ready to go. Let’s go create your own now !
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
What will you needs are :
- Some paper for the pattern
- White and grey fabric (here I used flannel, but fleece will be better)
- Needle and string
- Polyfill stuffing
Step 2: Pattern
You can make your own pattern if you want, it’s fun :)
But if you want to use my pattern instead, you can grab it here.
Once you have the pattern, print it out, and cut every individual pieces.
Step 3: Make Fabric Pieces
- Put individual pieces onto your fabric, make the sketch on your fabric using pen.
- Cut the fabric following the sketch, but leave some space (about 3mm), similar to the image above.
Step 4: Sewing Part-1
Join all the grey part to its connecting white part just like the pattern.
Step 5: Sewing Part-2 : Make the Hand and Finger
- Sew the hand, but leave some space to flip it inside out
- Stuff the hand and close the remaining space
- For the fingers, sew the string from the front to the back of the hand, and pull it tightly. Repeat it 3 times, for baymax has 4 fingers.
Step 6: Sewing Part-3 : Sew and Stuff All the Remaining Parts
- sew and stuff the leg, body, and the head based on the pattern
Step 7: Join All the Body Part
- Join the head, hands, and legs to the body
- For the legs, you can sew it as you like, whether it's standing or sitting
Step 8: Finishing
- Make the baymax alive by adding its eyes.
- Make baymax chest decoration
And here we go, let’s take some baymax photos and share your it to your friends ;)
Runner Up in the
Sewn By Hand Challenge
Runner Up in the
Soft Toys Challenge
Participated in the
Homemade Gifts Contest 2016