Make these cool beanbags in less than 15 minutes!
(This project is part of my Girl Scout Gold Award focused on upcycling and recycling broken umbrellas. See other ideas here: https://sites.google.com/site/upcycledumbrellas/projects)
Step 1: Gather Supplies
- 1 umbrella cover (beach or patio size)
- beans or rice
- sewing machine or needle/thread
Step 2: Fill the Closed End With Enough Beans for One Bean Bag
- Starting at the closed end, pour in enough beans for one bag.
- This will be your first bean bag! Stitch closed and reinforce several times.
- Leave a small gap (about half an inch) and put an identical row of stitching. This is the beginning of the next bean bag.
Step 3: Cut Carefully Between the Two Rows of Stitching
That's it! Repeat the process until you run out of fabric.
Step 4: Enjoy!
We made 8 bean bags from one umbrella cover.
For more umbrella upcycling ideas, visit https://sites.google.com/site/upcycledumbrellas/