When it comes to a special day such as the V-day, gift and flower hunting is a must. Everyone wants to impress their Valentine with the best gift. Therefore, buying costly and beautiful gifts have become the order of the day.
However, if we can add a personalised touch to our gifts, it means a lot to our loved ones. Therefore, we are going to make a beautiful accordion style heart shape basket for the Valentine ’s Day which looks great and you can keep your stuff inside it.
You can use this Paper Basket as a gift for Valentine’s Day or birthdays!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things Needed to Make a Basket
- Glue Gun & Stick
- Colour Papers
- Tissue Cloth
- Decorative Stones
- Satin Ribbon
- Thread & Needle
Step 2: Let's Make a Box!
- Take a square piece of the cardboard box or make one using the following
- Take a cardboard and mark the distances as shown here.Cut the remaining portion.Run a cutter slowly over the markings for easy folding.
- Paste the ends of the strip to get a square shape.
- Take a cardboard piece and mark it as per the size of square shape cardboard for the base. Cut it.
- Paste square shape cardboard on it.
- Take a yellow colour paper. Mark it as per the size of square shape cardboard and cut it.
- Slowly run the cutter for easy folding. Do not cut it.
- Mark the distance of 1 cm from each corner and cut it.
- Paste this yellow colour paper on the square-shaped cardboard.
- Take a yellow colour paper piece and cut it by measuring 15.5*15.5 cm
- Mark the distances of 3 cm from each corner. Make small cuts on the cutout paper.
- Slowly run the cutter for easy folding.
- Paste every corner of the paper.
- Paste this colour paper box inside the cardboard box.
Step 3: Let's Make a Heart Shaped Accordion!
- Now, take a pink colour paper. Mark the distance 18 cm on it.We need 4
- such papers.
- Fold the paper piece in half two times and cut it.
- Fold it to make accordion and paste two ends of the accordion to make a heart shape. Make 4 such heart shapes.
Step 4: Let's Paste the Accordion on Cardboard Heart Shapes!
- Take a cardboard and make a heart shape on it using a stencil. Cut it.We need 4 such cardboard heart shapes.
- Take a pink colour paper. Make a heart shape on it and cut it.
- Paste heart-shaped paper on the cardboard shape.
- Now paste accordion heart shape on the cardboard heart shape.
Step 5: Let's Paste the Accordion & Make a Handle!
- Paste the accordion heart shapes on the box.
- To make a handle, cut the 4 cm wide cardboard strip. Take a pink colour paper and cut the 5 cm wide long strip of it.
- Wrap pink colour paper around the cardboard strip.
- Cut the 3 cm wide strips of pink and yellow colour paper.Cut these strips in half. Fold it to make an accordion.
- Paste alternate coloured accordions with each other.
- Paste this accordion on the cardboard handle.Paste this handle on the box.
Step 6: Let's Decorate This Box!
- Now, decorate this box using decorative stones.
- To make a chocolate pouch, take a tissue cloth and sew it in a circle using needle and thread.
- Pull the end of the thread to make a pouch.You can put chocolate or any stuff into it. Tie it using satin ribbon.
Wow!! Your beautiful accordion heart shaped Valentines Day gift box is now ready. Hope you have enjoyed making this beautiful basket. Please do not forget to share your feedback and experiments with us.