You can use this glass lamp on your night stand to meditate/relax before bed or as a prop from photo shot.
Theses LED on a string comes in various colors or quality. I have some from the dollar store and from Michael's. The difference is with fancy ones, you might get an additional options : On , timer (1 hour) and off. For dollar store, look at the seasonal like Halloween, Christmas or Valentine and maybe it can be found in the garden section too.
I use the combo of red lights and a red rose but you can do any combo of decoration inside and color of string you want.
- LED String, battery powered.
- Glass food container. I used a pickle jar. I prefered this over a Masson Jar as the glass isn't embossed by embellishments
- A fake flower
- Some tools of your choice to make a hole in the lid (Punch, dremel, nail & hammer, screwdriver)
- Paint for the lid. I used a Posca.
- (optional) Cutter to make work around the flower's sterm
- (optional) Adhesive remover like GooGone remove the adhesive paper from your jar
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Make a Hole Big Enough to Pass the String of LED
Step 2: Paint the Lid
Step 3: Pass the String of LED Through the Hole, Leaving the Batteries Out.
Step 4: Try to Toss the String in a Pretty Way. Make Sure to Have Your LEDs Turned on at This Step.
Step 5: Make Sure You Are Satisfied With the Result by Turning on and Off the Lights of the Room.
Step 6: This Step Is Only If Used As a Photography Props
Make some lighting tests by having a room / photo studio completely dark or with other small lights in a distance.
Play around with closeness of the jar to the subject or have more than one jar!
Thanks to everyone who looked at this Instructable.
This is an entry in the