Bed lamp made from scrap wood ....
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Getting the Required Wood
- I was looking at some scrap wood and got this Idea to make a bed lamp.
- Made a square box 20x20cms.
- Made a round cut 20cm diameter
- Painted them matt black color ( in love with matt black) :p
- took a part a pallet and got 4 of its heavy legs.. and later sanded them.
Step 2: Drilling
- Making 1.5 " diameter drill and made all center holes drilled in all blocks so that to wire go thru.
- it was easy to drill the top 3 but the bottom one had to drill in 'L' shape to get the wire out to connect to power.
Step 3: Getting the Wire In.
- see this is how the wire taken out at the bottom
- on top its the bulb holder, it was little tricky but got it done.
- to make it easy take it apart and then fix it from the bottom.
- getting wire from the top or bottom is not easy ( many trials made)
- attached all the 4 blocks with nails and glue.
Step 4: Bulb
- This how it looks inside ... yey....
Step 5: Acrylic Sheet
- made 2 parts of the acrylic sheets to fit on front and back.
Step 6: Birds
- As i am finishing got request( actually kinda demand) from my niece that she likes birds so put them in that box... :p
- so got birds laser cut and attached them on both acrylic sheets from inside with double sided tape.
- by the way you can keep some other things hang inside . I placed a hook on top.
- One side it can be open and close . To lock the door i place hinges one corner and other side used some brain ( lazy one) added zip tie as a lock..
Step 7: Finale
This is how it looks when its turned ON :)
Please share your thoughts and suggestions. Do let me know how is it ?!
Participated in the
Woodworking Contest 2017