Cabbage Casserole is a very simple dish to prepare. Just do a little prep work, stick it in the rice cooker and let it cook. When the rice cooker is done, so is the casserole, Simple as that!
- 1 head of cabbage cut in wedges * 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 can of Rotel 10 ounce
- 1 cup of water
- 1.5 to 2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning (Nunu's)
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Brown the Meat
1. In a heavy bottom pot, brown the sausage and ground beef over medium high heat. Drain the excess oil.
Step 2: Veggies Cut and Add to Meat
2. reduce heat to medium and add the onions, bell peppers, and celery. Cook until translucent (about 15 minutes) stirring occasionally. Set aside
Step 3: Mix the Ingredients
3. In a large mixing bowl, add uncooked rice, rotel, and the ground meat mixture. Mix thoroughly.
Step 4: Cabbage!
4. Add cabbage wedges and water.
Step 5: Rice Cooker
5. Move to a rice cooker (bigger the better for this)
6. Cook on the white rice setting (if programmable).
7. Once done, check the cabbage.
If not soft enough, you can put it on for a second time.