INGREDIENTS 100 grams salted crisps
Beer Batter 1 egg 100 millilitres beer 100 grams plain flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon pepper
1-2 chicken breasts Salt, to season Pepper, to season Oil for frying
Chips and sauces, to serve
1. Pour the crisps into a ziplock bag and smash into pieces using a rolling pin.
2. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
3. Preheat a pot of oil to 180˚C/350˚C
4. Mix all the beer batter ingredients in a bowl until combined, careful not to overmix.
5. Cut the chicken into strips and coat well in the batter, then the crisp coating.
6. Deep-fry the chicken in 500 millilitres of oil.
7. Fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
8. Transfer to some paper towel to soak up some of the excess oil.
9. Serve with chips, your favourite sauces and leftover beer.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.