Introduction: Beer Bottle Pint Glass
Did you know that 2/3 of all PET plastic (soft drink, water bottles, etc) that are put in the recycler end up in the landfills and our oceans? There's a reason for the phrase Reduce, Reuse, Recycle... in that order. Here's a great way to reuse your glass beer and water bottles in just a few simple steps with easy to find materials.
- Glass Beer Bottle
- Masking Tape
- Glass Cutter
- Sand Paper (various grits)
- Large pot
- Apply tape around bottle for a cutting guide
- With controlled force, score a ring around the bottle
- Place bottle in freezer for 5 minutes
- In the meantime, boil water in large pot
- Remove frozen bottle and run hot water over the scored crack
- Alternate running cold water over crack
- Repeat hot, then cold, then hot until top falls off
- Sand edge smooth with a variety of sand paper grits
- Enjoy responsibly
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.