This Beer bread is soooo easy to make, infact its easy and quicker than making a standard loaf, lets get cracking then...
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1
- Start by preheating your oven to 165C
- Mix the following ingredients together in a bowl -
3 cups of sifted plain flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of sugar
Step 2: Step 2
- Once all the dry ingredients have been mixed well together you need to add, 1 can (12 ounces) of beer. You can chose any beer you like, or even non alcholic if you prefere. I just used what i had in the fridge :D
- Blend the mix well, ideally with a stand alone mixer, or a electric hand wisk to ensure everything is blended well together
Step 3: Step 3
- Pour the contents into a lined and greased 1kg (2 lb) tin loaf
- Ensure the mixture is smoothed out with a metal spoon, to give an even appearance
Step 4: Step 4
- Melt 1/4 to 1/2 cup of butter and pour over the loaf. This will ensure you have a lovely crust on your bread and a soft and fluffy middle.
TIP - If you would rather have a soft crust add the melted butter to the mixture before putting it into the loaf tin, and do not add any melted butter in this step.
Step 5: Step 5
Bake for 1hour, and then leave to cool in the tin for at least 15 minutes before transefering to a wire rack to cool further, alternativily slice and serve whilst still warm.