These slow cooked pulled chicken are so easy to make and delicious to eat. I had competition in mind and on 26th of last month i was feeling lazy to cook so I thought why don't make these pulled chicken sandwiches which is simple and yummy to make. I added beer to give a nice punch to the BBQ sauce, surprisingly it did taste good.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 or 1and a half pounds boneless skinless chicken breast,
2. Honey- 2 tablespoon (optional)
3. Cayenne pepper or paprika 2 teaspoons.
4. 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 flake fresh garlic
5. 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes increase or decrease it your taste.
6. Salt to your taste if needed
7. BBQ sauce -1.5 cups
8. Beer-half cup
9. Once medium onion
Step 2: Slow Cooking
1. Cut chicken, onion garlic, in small pieces
2. Add all the ingredients in the crockpot and set it in high for 4 hr with out covering it.
3. Check it every hours to see if the sauce has not dried out . If the sauce is too dry add iin a little beer.
4. After 4 hour when the chicken looks cooked remove it and use fork to shred it .
5. Put the shredded chicken in the crockpot and let it mix well with the sauce. At this point reduce the heat to low and cook till all the sauce is thick. Also taste the sauce. It may need a little bit of salt or chilly flakes or extra BBQ sauce to suite your taste
6. Remove and let it cool
7. Serve the pulled chicken warm over bun or bread. To mine I added cheddar cheese and sprinkled creole seasoning but my husband liked it simple.