Ingredients @0:37 If you like this video and this recipe, it'd be super cool if you could subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Darnyouglutenfood
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: How to Belgium ;)
1. Heat the oil up in a frying pan, and add the diced garlic and onion.
2. Cook them until translucent then added the chicken pieces along with the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook on a medium heat until all the chicken is cooked through then set aside.
3. In the same pan you can now cook the sliced mushrooms until they are slightly browned, then put them aside with the chicken.
4. Now you're going to put the sauce together. Start by lightly whisking the egg in a bowl, then whisk in the milk. Continue whisking together until well combined.
5. Then melt the butter in a saucepan. Pour in the liquid cream and whisk into the butter. Whisk in the corn flour, then gradually whisk in the egg and milk mixture. Whisk continuously to avoid any lumps forming. Add in the Parmesan cheese and keep whisking until it has melted and the cream sauce has started to thicken. (If any lumps form, add a splash of cold milk and keep whisking).
6. Then add the chicken and mushrooms you prepared earlier and stir them in with a wooden spoon, making sure everything is well incorporated).
Step 2: Comfort Food, Nous Voilà!
Serve with some chips (or rice, or even on its own) and enjoy the creaminess!
I have so many fond childhood memories linked to this dish, I hope you like it <3 x