Perfect for ringing in the New Year (or any other celebration), Bellinis are an amazing combination of Prosecco (a sparkling wine) and peach purée. The pairing of slightly sweet yet dry wine with tart, tangy fruits is equally wonderful when transformed from a cocktail into a cookie (and is less likely to cause a hangover1). These little beauties are not only bursting with bubbly Prosecco and peach flavor, they even look like fruity little rose and amber-hued sunsets.
1Always remember to eat cookies responsibly and don't eat cookies and drive :)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: You'll Need. . .
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Prosecco (or other sparkling wine)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of vanilla
- About 1/2 cup freeze-dried peaches
- About 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- Food processor or clean coffee/spice mill to grind the dried fruits
- Stand mixer or hand mixer and mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cookie scoop
- Cookie sheets lined with parchment or silicone liners
- Large plate or shallow dish
Step 2: Just Peachy
- Using your food processor or spice grinder, grind the peaches and strawberries to fine powder
- Dump each onto a plate, keeping them separated if possible
Step 3: Sparkling Dough
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Add Prosecco and mix for approximately a minute (it won't combine fully, but the sugar will incorporate some)
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla and mix to combine1
- Using cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough onto cookie sheets
- Chill for at least an hour to allow to firm up
1I didn't, but if you'd like to, you could also add a tablespoon or two of the peach powder to heighten the peachy flavor
Step 4: Freshly Baked Cocktails
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Roll the balls of dough in the powdered peaches and strawberries
- Place about an inch apart on parchment or silicone-lined baking sheets
- Bake for 10 minutes, then allow to cool fully
- Enjoy with a glass of bubbly!
Participated in the