Instructions for Roasted Cabbage:
(Links for products and ingredients below)
- Remove the outer leaves and wipe with a damp cloth. If you wash the cabbage wait until it’s dry so that it will brown.
- Cut in wedges, straight through the core of the cabbage for the recipe so that is stays together.
- Put some avocado oil, coconut oil, or butter on top. You can use olive oil if you like or see my video on why I no longer like olive oil here.
- Add some Himalayan salt, black or cayenne pepper, and I like to add nutritional yeast as well.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, then flip when they are brown. And brown that side for about 10 minutes.
- You can BBQ cabbage as well.
This goes great with humus or olive oil.
Charring Cabbage with SeaWeed:
- Cut in half straight through the core. - Put some coconut oil on the pan to cover the bottom. Medium to high heat. - Put in pan cut side down. - Move it around so oil gets on the flat side and leave it for about 10 or 15 minutes. - - We are going to the edge of burning. If you think it’s too far, you’re doing it right.
- Next we’re going to put about 2 or 3 tablespoons of butter in the pan tilting the pan and pouring it over the top. Put it all over it so that it cooks it everywhere adding more butter as you need if it’s getting too burned or evaporating. Do that for a few minutes and let it sit for another couple minutes.
- Next were going to add some see weed. Kelp powder, dried Konvu or kelp. Put them in a spice mill or grinder or blender. Then add that over the top and be sure to mix with the butter. Then baste with that over the top for a few minutes.
To test it, just put a fork in to see if it’s tender. Then take it out and cut into quarters.
Add some Himalayan salt and I like to add some fresh basil to this and a bit of apple cider vinegar just a few drops.
Benefits of Cabbage:
Cabbage has a unique ability to lower cholesterol and inflammation, fight against disease like cancer, antioxidants vitamins minerals high in fiber so will fill you up and help to lose weight and my grandmother tells me they were used to cure hangovers since roman times and more! Roasted cabbage is a great way to make it since you will want to eat it more and more.
(Click Photos for Links)
If you don’t know, all non-stick coated cookware is terrible for you, the environment and your pets. Avoid those and others that leach heavy metals and more. I use 100% ceramic cookware as you see in the video. They perform great, you can still grab the pans when they are cooking, they cook evenly, and I love using them. 27% Off 20pc Cookware Set While Supplies LastWhy Ceramic Cookware Is Safer Than Stainless SteelBenefits of Xtrema Ceramic Cookware
You also Might Like These:
Participated in the
Maker Olympics Contest 2016