Short video showing all of the stages and results from this instructable Without Waffle :)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Items You Will Need
You will need a shallow bowl, a resealable plastic bag, a little wine and beer, 1 drop of detergent (washing up liquid) and a sharp pointed knife
Step 2: Baiting and Setting the Trap
- Add enough wine and beer together in a shallow dish, to attract all of the fruit flies to your trap and deep enough to drown them. Allow enough for evaporation over several weeks.
- Add 1 drop of household washing detergent (Washing up liquid) This breaks the surface tension on the liquid so that flies immediately drown and get dragged to the bottom of the wine and beer mixture.
- Cover dish with a polythene bag (resealable bags are best) Though you can use cling film or any plastic bag.
- Take a sharp pointed knife and stab holes in the top of polythene bags, twisting the knife to enlarge the holes.
- Place the bated trap on top of a kitchen wall unit. We have found that having the trap as high as possible, attracts all of the flies more quickly..
Step 3: the Results a Trap Full of Pesky Fruit Flies
The results speak for themselves.
You will have a trap filled with every single fruit fly that enters your home.
Give yourself a pat on the back for ridding your home of fruit flies
Thank you for watching my video: Thank you for watching my video, please leave a comment and click like
My website: http://inclinedbedtherapy.com