Intro: Best Hummus Recipe!
This is my favorite hummus recipe so far! There are so many varieties of hummus at the store without flavor or that have a strange coarse texture.
My recipe is smooth and flavorful! You can adjust the amount of olive oil to make it thicker like traditional hummus or fluffier like a sandwich spread.
My favorite way to eat the hummus is on naan bread (Indian flat bread) with smoked salmon! Whoo!
Step 1: Ingredients
1 (15-16 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
2.5-4 tbsp olive oil (2.5 tbsp = thicker, 4 = fluffier)
2 tbsp tahini
3-4 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic minced or approximately 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
Step 2: Mixing Ingredients
1. Blend garlic and olive oil in the food processor until there are no large bits of garlic left.
2. Add tahini, lemon juice, cumin, and salt. Blend again.
3. Add chickpeas and blend again until smooth.
Step 3: Super Yummy Hummus & Smoked Salmon Open-Faced Sandwich!
4. Lightly toast naan bread.
5. Wait until that naan bread has almost completely cooled then spread hummus over it.
6. Place 1-2 layers of smoked salmon on top.