Introduction: Best Towel Life Hack Ever
Have you ever had a problem with wet towels falling off hooks and racks onto the floor? I personally was at my whits end after having bought three different towel hooks trying to solve the problem. So I decided to use ribbon to sew "tags" on all my towels so they would never fall of the hook again. Problem solved!!! I hope you enjoy this simple project as much as I have.
Step 1: What You Will Need.
- About an hour of free time.
- Ribbon, less the one inch thick. Your choice of materiel and color.
- Ruler/tape measure
- sewing machine or needle and thread.
- Straight pins. I found that for this I do not need pins to hold anything in place but you may find them helpful.
- Iron. If you wish to iron the ribbon into place, again I find this unnecessary.
Step 2: Measure
Measure out four inches of ribbon and cut a strip for each towel.
Step 3: Fold the Ribbon
Fold the ribbon about a half inch and place it on the center of the towels longest side. This is where you may find Ironing the edges into place may make the following steps easier. You may also use pins to hold the ribbon in place.
Step 4: Time to Sew.
Sew the ribbon in place, make sure to go over it at least three times. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to sew the other end of the strip in place.
Step 5: And Your Done.
All set! In less then an hour you have made sure you will never have a towel slip of the hook onto the floor again. I hope you enjoyed this Instructable.
Please take a second and vote for my Instructable at the top. Thank you!
HelenaTroy made it!