Ava and I were born in the same week "different years" and ever since we have known each other we have had the same cake together to celebrate. We thought we should share our recipe.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 chocolate cake mix - Betty Crocker
- 3 eggs
-1/2 cup oil
-1 -14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
-1 -11.5-oz jar salted caramel sauce
- 1 container of Cool Whip
- 1 8-oz bag Heath candy pieces
Step 2: Baking the Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9x13 inch cake pan with nonstick spray.
3. Bake the chocolate cake as the instructions on the back.
4. Pour batter into greased pan.
5. Put the pan into the oven.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let the cake cool, you can refrigerate the cake if you want to.
Step 3: Preparing the Cake
1. When the cake is cooled poke approximately 16 holes in it with the end of a wooden spoon.
2. After the holes are poked you will pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake, trying to stay away from the edge.
3. You will pour the caramel sauce over the cake, trying to stay away from the edge and get most of it in the holes.
4. Scoop out cool whip on the top of the cake and spread it around, it will act like the frosting.
5. Take the crushed Heath Bar and sprinkle the desired over the Cool Whip.
6. Drizzle the Hershey's chocolate sauce and extra caramel on the top.
Step 4: Finish & Enjoy!
1. When it is finished put it in the fridge for an hour.
2. Take it out and enjoy!
Participated in the
Sweet Treats Challenge