I will present you my prototype of bike holder inside of trunk.
- it is a lot more cheaper than any other holders outside the car
- it is not problem if I forgot that i have something on roof:)
- i don’t like holders they are based on rear window
- i don’t have towbar
What are my requirements;
- still have one place on rear seats
- still have some place for luggage in trunk
- it easy to use
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Put bike in trunk and find right position
Step 2: Draw in Googel Sketchup
In GS I found a bike and resize it to real size on my own bike.
Draw some templates.
Step 3: Paper Template
Print model on few A4 papers. Make some corrections in GS and print it again and redraw it on plywood.
Step 4: Make It Real
Saw it with jigsaw.
Holder put in car on to position and sign where would be holes for screws which will press together sides and tire.
Put some non-slip rubber bellow holder on seat.
Step 5: Screws
Screws on sides press together sides and tire.
Screws on bottom they were meant for regulate sides for different tires on bike.
Participated in the