Intro: Binky the Bubbly Monster
Binky the Bubbly Monster isn't really much of a monster. He really just likes to sit around and smile all day long. He's kind of lazy, but that's okay for an adorable would- be monster like Binky!
This step by step instructable will show you how to crochet your very own Binky!
Step 1: Materials Needed and Abbreviations
Worsted weight yarn in color of your choice
Your choice of stuffing
6mm safety eyes
Black embroidery thread
sc: single crochet
dec: single crochet 2 stitches together
F/O: finish off
*…*: repeat anything in between
Step 2: Head/Body
Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)
Rnd 2: *inc* (12)
Rnd 3: *sc, inc* (18)
Rnd 4: * 2 sc, inc* (24)
Rnd 5: *3 sc, inc* (30)
Rnds 6-9: *sc* (30)
Insert safety eyes 6 stitches apart between rounds 6 and 7.
Rnd 10: *3 sc, dec* (24)
Rnd 11: *3 sc, inc* (30)
Rnd 12: *4 sc, inc* (36)
Rnd 13: *5 sc, inc* (42)
Stuff head completely. Continue stuffing until the end.
Rnds 14-19: *sc* (42)
Rnd 20: *5 sc, dec* (36)
Rnd 21: *4 sc, dec* (30)
Rnd 22: *3 sc, dec* (24)
Rnd 23: *2 sc, dec* (18)
Rnd 24: *sc, dec* (12)
Rnd 25: *dec* (6)
F/O. Weave in tail.
Step 3: Arms: Make 2
Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)
Rnds 2-4: *sc* (6)
F/O. Leave tail. Do not stuff.
Step 4: Feet: Make 2
Rnd 1: 8 sc in magic ring (8)
Rnd 2: *inc* (16)
Rnd 3: 6 sc, 4 inc, 6 sc (24)
Rnd 4: 6 sc, 4 dec, 6 sc (16)
Rnd 5: *dec* (8)
F/O. Leave long tail. Stuff firmly.
Step 5: How to Embroider Smile
(Each picture is marked according to step number.)
1. Find the outside corners of the stitches 2 rounds below each eye. These are marked in red.
2. Using your tapestry needle and black embroidery thread, thread through from the right red point to the left red point.
3. Pull thread through. Make sure to leave a long tail on the right. Poke needle back into the right point.
4. Bring needle through the outside of the stitch closest to the left point. Make sure that the needle goes only half way up the edge.
5. Pull the needle and thread through, and place the needle back into the left point.
6. Poke the needle any where in the back or side of your work. Tie a knot as close to your work as possible.
7. Cut the tail off making sure not to cut off the knot. Stuff into the work.
8. Thread the tail that is connected to the right point through the eye of your tapestry needle. Poke the needle on the outside of the stitch closest to the right point.
Repeat steps 6 and 7.
Step 6: Attaching Arms and Feet
Now that the face is finished, you can sew the arms and feet on. I highly recommend pinning your pieces to the body before sewing them on.
For my Binkys, I pinned the arms off to the sides of round 13. I pinned the feet off to the sides of round 20.
Step 7: Complete!
After the sewing is finished. Binky is complete!
Hope you enjoy the pattern. ^^ Feel free to leave me a comment and/or message me if you find something wrong with the pattern.
Designed by: Audie Reyes
Pattern Designer: Justine Dalipe
Please do not sell this pattern or products made from this pattern without the designers' written permission. Thank you!
sanne8 made it!