A pack of 2 inch Nails
3 pieces of 36''x36'' plywood.
Green,white,brown,black Paint (Optional)
Jigsaw to cut out the circle of the box
36'' 1''x1'' pieces of poplar wood
0.5''x6'' wooden cylinder
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cutting Out Wood
- Start off by cutting a small, skinny cylinder for the owl to stand on from the slab of wood.
- The size of the cylinder should be (5 1/2 inches)
- Top and Bottom: (12 1/2 inches x 12 1/2 inches)
- Sides of the box will need (17 1/2 inches x 12 1/2 inches)
- Next, cut out 2 circles for the opening of the owl house.
Step 2: Gluing and Assembling the Box
You will need any kind of strong glue
Glue the side of the wood slabs and place them CAREFULLY onto each part of the wood
If needed: smooth out the wood before hand by using sand paper.
Step 3: Detail
After gluing down the parts of the box, make a small hole that matches the size of the skinny cylinder into the hole using the wood glue from before.
Leave for box to dry for at least 30 minutes.
Step 4: Paint
After you leave to dry, paint with your green,black,white, and brown paint
We made a camouflage color to match the organisms habitat.