Intro: Bird Feeder - Wedding Favors
Here's a cute unique idea for a wedding favor that your guests will not be expecting. Especially if your wedding is outdoors, earthy, environmentally and animal friendly!
Things you will need:
3 Cups of birdseed (any brand)
2 Packets of UNFLAVORED gelatin (1/4 oz. each)
Heart cookie cutters (Or any shape you like)
Twine, hemp rope, or thin ribbon (used for hanging to feeder.)
Ribbon for bows
- Pour ½ cup cold water into your bowl and add the two packets of gelatin. Stir until the gelatin has absorbed up the water.
- Add 1 ¾ cups of HOT (not boiling) water into the gelatin mixture and stir until completely dissolved.
Add your 3 cups of birdseed and stir until completely blended. Making sure to let it cool and all of your birdseed is coated with gelatin.
- Lay down some parchment paper and place your cookie cutter on top. Cut your straw long enough to allow it to poke out of the top of your cookie cutter. Pack the cookie cutter with the birdseed/gelatin mixture, while placing the straw toward the top where you want your twine to go.
- Remove cookie cutter, and make another feeder. Repeat the process until the mixture is gone.
- Let your feeder sit out to harden. I put mine in the freezer to speed up this process since I am impatient and wanted to use it right away!
Add your twine, tags, ribbons to make it fit your personality and taaadaaaa – you’re done!
Runner Up in the
Animals in the Wild Challenge