Introduction: Bird's Nest Cookies
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Ingredients you'll need:
12 oz. package chow mein noodles
12. oz. package butterscotch morsels
90 egg-shaped candies
Materials you'll need:
baking sheet pan
parchment paper or silicone baking mat
medium mixing bowl
wooden spoon or rubber spatula
1/4 measuring cup
What to do:
- Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Pour butterscotch morsels in a microwave-safe bowl and place in the microwave.
- Microwave for 30 seconds then remove to stir.
- Return to the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Add in the chow mein noodles and mix till combined.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to portion out the cookies onto the baking sheet. If the mixture starts to harden, return to the microwave and heat for 15 to 30 seconds to melt.
- Place three egg-shaped candies in the center of each cookie.
- Allow to set for at least 5 minutes before serving or transferring.
Note: If the cookie mixture becomes too dry and won't stick together (this may happen depending on the brand of butterscotch morsels you use), you may add more melted butterscotch morsels to the mixture. If the cookies have set before you were able to attach the egg-shaped candies, you can dip the bottom of eggs with melted butterscotch before placing them in the center of each cookie.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the