Introduction: Birds and Butterflies Under Glass
Turn dollar store items into a beautiful, museum-worthy display. Perfect for your very own curiosity cabinet!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the Video Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Feather and printed butteflies
Glass Jars and vases
Americana Decor Metallics in Vintage Brass
Faux feather birds and real twigs
Images of butterflies and bugs
Step 3: Here's How
1. Paint your wood disks with the Vintage Brass Americana Decor Metallics
2. Glue twigs in the center of the disks
3. A simple straight twig for the butterflies and fuller for the birds *Make sure your glass vases easily fit over the twigs
4. Paint the twigs with more Vintage Brass
5. & 6. Glue the faux birds and flowers to the twigs and then glue the mouth of the glass to the base
7. Glue printed and feather butterflies to the long, straight twigs
8. Glue the tall thin vase over the butterfly twig
9. Print out vintage bugs, place them in upside down glass jars and then glue a large shooter marble on top