This is a recipe for Biscoff Muddy Buddies, made with Chex cereal. This tutorial will show you how to make the best tasting snack food muddy buddy you have ever had.
Tools required: mixing bowl(s), mixing spoon or spatula, measuring cups/spoons, and Ziplock bag(s).
Here is the recipe:
Biscoff Chex Muddy Buddies
Time required: 15-30 minutes
11 c (or one large bag) rice or corn Chex cereal
½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ c white chocolate chips
¼ c cinnamon chips
¾ c Biscoff spread
¼ c butter
2 c confectioner's sugar (add more if you like more sugar coating)
1. Place butter, chocolate chips, and Biscoff in a bowl and heat in the microwave until the mixture can be stirred smooth.
2. Measure the cereal (or pour the entire bag) into a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour melted Biscoff mixture over cereal and stir gently with a spatula until the cereal is evenly coated.
4. Pour coated cereal into a ziplock bag with powdered sugar and shake until mixed completely. Another option for this step is to put powdered sugar in the bowl that you used to coat the cereal and stir until coated with the white sugar. If you choose to do the second option it works better if you use a new clean bowl and mix together using your hands not a spoon.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Melt Biscoff Mixture
Place butter, Biscoff, white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips and chocolate chips*, in a bowl and heat in the microwave until the mixture can be stirred smooth. With frozen chocolate chips it takes about 1 minute in a high watt microwave to melt the mixture down to a smooth consistency. It is best to slowly heat the chocolate in bursts of about 30-40 seconds in order to keep chocolate from seizing/breaking.
*Can use ¾ c semi-sweet chocolate chips and ¾ c white chocolate chips instead of cinnamon chips.
Step 2: Pour Cereal
Measure the cereal (or pour the entire bag) into a large mixing bowl. Using a huge mixing bowl will reduce the chance of spilling while mixing.
Step 3: Biscoff Covered Cereal
Pour melted Biscoff mixture over cereal and stir gently with a spatula until the cereal is evenly coated.
Step 4: Create Sugar Coating
Pour coated cereal into a ziplock bag with powdered sugar and shake until mixed completely.
*look to next step for another option*
Step 5: Option 2 Sugar Coat
* Another option is to place powdered sugar directly on top of the Biscoff chocolate coated cereal while still in the mixing bowl and mix together until evenly coated with sugar. If you choose to do this second option it works better if you use a clean mixing bowl and mix using your hands not a spoon.
Step 6: Consume
Enjoy the sweet hint of chocolate cinnamon brown sugar cookies with every bite of yummy Chex cereal muddy buddies.
Store in a sealed dry container (a ziplock bag works) for up to two weeks. This treat is also really great frozen and should be eaten in its frozen state, not thawed out. Never refrigerate this yummy snack, it will become stale very quickly.