Intro: Black Bean & Mushroom Burger
This has got to be my favorite so far. It grilled up firm with a good flavor that was not overpowering.
- 6 oz of mushrooms (sliced, whole, portabello or mixed), chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbs Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbs nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1-1/4 cup or bread crumbs
- Get your grill going to a medium-hot fire.
- Heat 1 Tbs oil or vegetable broth in a saute pan on medium high.
- Add chopped onions, mushrooms, garlic, Montreal steak seasoning, salt and pepper to taste and saute until mushrooms release their liquid. (approximately 5 minutes)
- Spoon the mixture into a food processor, add the beans and process until well mixed.
- Stir in nutritional yeast and bread crumbs.
- Form into patties.
- Spray patties with oil to prevent sticking to the grill.
- Place on grill and heat until each side is firm and crispy (approximately 5 minutes on each side)
- Remove and serve with favorite condiments.
- I use a Ninja chopper to chop the onions, mushrooms, and garlic together - easy and quick
- If you like a spicier burger, add cumin, cilantro, or cayenne pepper to the mix.