This instructable shows everything you need to make a pie- including how to make your pie crust!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Part 1- the Crust Bottom
1 3/4 c. flower
3/4 c. shortening
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. cold water
1 tsp.. vinegar
2 pieces waxed paper
1. Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl
2. Roll into 2 equal sized balls
3. Place 1 ball on waxed paper, and top with 2nd piece of paper.
4. Roll ball flat with rolling pin
5. Remove top paper, peel off pie crust, and place it into the bottom of pie tin
Step 2: Part 2: the Filling
For the filling you'll need:
4 c. Blackberries
2/3 c. sugar
1 pk. instant pudding mix
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Mix all ingredients into a large bowl.
Step 3: Part 3: the Top and Finish
1. roll 2nd ball of pie crust flat, just like on the rust bottom
2. use a pizza cutter to slice into 1" thick slices
3. lay out in grid pattern
4. bake in oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes
5. when complete, top with dried figs
Ta Da! A great looking and tasting blackberry-fig pie!
Participated in the
The Contest Purple