This is an easy DIY prank that can be used as an April fool prank or in Halloween. It might be dangerous to do, so you have to be very careful and use safety tools.
The idea about this prank is to fool someone that you have cut your finger out with the kitchen knife. it involves optical illusion a real knife and some acting.
I will enter the April fool's prank contest with this one but i really like the Stealth Bumper and i think it should win, nice job Fungus.
I have almost 60 more prank ideas but time is something I really don't have.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: First Step: Tools
Tools used for this prank are found everywhere.
1. You will have to buy a new cheap and not so thick knife.
3. Red paint. I used a red pen you can use a red Epoxy as well.
4. Your ring
5. A round file or a rotary tool
6. Lot of tissues
7. A marker
Step 2: Second Step: Marking
Using the your Ring and the marker to make a 1/2 circle on the knife.
The reason for using the ring is to make a nice rounded circle that has almost the same diameter as your finger.
You can do it without using the ring its easy.
You also have ten fingers so it will probably fit one of them without any measurement.
Step 3: Third Step: Metalwork
1. Insert the knife upside down between in vise.
2. Grasp the handle of the metal file in one hand and the top point of the file in the other.
3. Place the middle of the face of the file on the knife.
4. The first stroke should be started with light pressure so you wont cut yourself.
5. Push file across the knife and increase pressure as you go.
6. When the file is pushed all the way across, raise the file and start all over.
As said in the Tools step, you can use a rotary tool but i wont encourage it because its very dangerous unless you know what you are doing.
Step 4: Fourth Step: Making the Blood
1. Put the knife on a rounded peace of anything I used a hand spring grip after rapping it with adhesive paper.
2. Using the Epoxy and a red paint together at the mixing process or you can paint the Epoxy later, add a little amount over the edge of the circle you made to act like a bleeding.
3. another way is to use a red Epoxy but I found that mixing a black Epoxy with red paint gives more realistic bloody look.
Step 5: Final Step: Acting
Step Five: Faking it...
You can scream, shot for help, fake a coma or act surprised, all these work.
Another thing might help is to use more red paint to make some blood drops on the floor.
This is it. I hope you like it.
One more thing i want to say. Try not to use these pranks with old people.
Runner Up in the
April Fools Day Project: Prank Contest