Freddy Krueger the antagonist of the "A Nightmare on Elm Street film series" presents you with Bloody severed fingers!!!!
Step 1: Preparing Sugar Cookie Dough
Ingredients Required :
Unsalted butter(room temperature) - 1/2 cup
Granulated sugar - 1/2 cup
All purpose flour- 1.5 cups
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Egg - 1 large
Vanilla extract - 1.5 tsp
Kosher salt - 1/8 tsp
Materials Required :
- Large mixing bowl - 2
- Measuring cups
- Wooden spatula
- Cookie baking tray - 1
Steps to prepare sugar cookie :
- Sieve together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- In a large bowl add butter and sugar and mix till light and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix till fluffy.
- Add the sieved all purpose flour mixture in 2 batches, mixing only till incorporated.
- Roll the cookie dough in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2- 3 hours, so the cookie does not spread while baking.
Step 2: Blanching Almonds(To Depict Nails)
Ingredients Required :
- Raw Almonds - 14
- Hot water - 1 cup
Steps to blanch the almonds :
- Put the raw almonds in hot water for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, strain the water and spray the almonds with cold water.
- The skins will peel off easily.
Step 3: Shaping and Presenting Severed Fingers
Ingredients required for Shaping and Presenting Severed fingers :
- Blanched Almonds
- Stawberry Jam
- Large Knife
- Freddy Krueger statue
Once the cookie dough is chilled for 2-3 hours, take a small piece of the dough and roll it between both the palms to get the shape and length of a finger, place one blanched almond to replicate finger nail and make some cuts on the cookie to depict lines on a finger. Repeat the process for the rest of the dough.
Place the shaped fingers on a baking tray and bake for 375F for 8 - 9 minutes.
Cool the fingers completely.
Remove the almonds from the baked fingers and place a dot of strawberry jam where the almond were placed and place the almonds back on the finger tip and press lightly. This will replicate a bloody finger nail.
Then place little jam on the edges of the fingers and also on the sharp end of a knife to depict that fingers were cut with the knife by Freddy Krueger :)
Hope my Bloody Severed Fingers scared you a little :)
Third Prize in the
Halloween Food Contest
Raitis made it!