Introduction: Blueberry Chocolate Bars
They taste great!!
Step 1: Purpose
Our purpose is to make a healthier snack for people to enjoy! Our product has more healthier products than common foods do. All of our stuff except sugar comes from around here, that we know of. It is good for the environment because all the ingredients are local, and they don’t travel as far as other ingredients. Our food will help for modern day lifestyles because it will teach people to be healthier.
Step 2: Step One- Get Ingredients
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon(optional)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup semi sweet(not ghirardelli!!) chocolate chips
Step 3: Step Two- Starting to Make the Product
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Grease a 9 by 13 inch pan.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder.
4. Mix in salt and cinnamon, if desired. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the shortening and egg.
-Dough will be crumbly!!-
5. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
6. In another bowl, stir together the sugar 1/2 and cornstarch. Gently mix in the blueberries and chocolate chips.
7. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
-DOES NOT NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED!!!-
Step 4: Step Three- Enjoy Your Food
This snack makes 24 squares and is a great snack for athletes. Share with friends and family!