Intro: Blueberry Pie Bars
Crust and Topping:
1-1/2 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
3/4 c. unsalted butter, chilled
2 large eggs
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
3/8 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. almond extract
16 oz. fresh blueberries
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch pan with non stick cooking spray; set aside.
2. For the crust, combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Cut the butter into 1/2-inch pieces and add to flour mixture. Process until the butter is evenly distributed but the mixture is still crumbly (about 30 to 60 seconds).
3. Reserve 1-1/2 cups of the mixture for the topping; set aside. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
4. For the filling, whisk eggs in a large bowl, then add the sugar, sour cream, flour, and almond extract. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon the filling over the crust and sprinkle the reserved topping mixture evenly over the filling.
6. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until top turns golden brown. Cool 1 hour before cutting and serving or serve out of pan cobbler style.
Yield: 16 bars